Saturday 21 June 2014

Rocky Mountains.

Today has been, for the most part, an uneventful traveling day. I drove through Grande Prairie which has grown exponentially since I briefly lived there over 35 years ago. I did not stop but continued on to Grande Cache where I tried to get in touch with my nephew and his family but they may have been one of the hundreds of families that were out picnicing, camping, or just frolicking in the warm summer air, enjoying the first day of summer.   This is a photo taken at Grand Cache. 


I am currently in a lodge nestled among the trees at the edge of the Rockies, just outside Hinton, Alberta. I was lucky enough to get the last available room.  The setting is beautiful and the views of the rockies breathtaking. I had intended to be back home on Sunday but I don't drive long distances well so I shall take an extra day and spend some time in Jasper tomorrow. 



I shall now go to my room (WiFi works only in the lobby) and pamper myself and relax. I don't know where i shall spend tomorrow night. 

Enjoying my road trip

BLou



5 comments:

  1. That view from your balcony at the lodge is stunning. It looks so "Canada".
    I spent the night in Seattle in a dorm room at a hostel. Not breathtaking, but entirely adequate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I like accommodations with that extra something.

      Delete
  2. As you drove through the beautiful scenery as shown Riggs was incredibly sad at your departure and spent his Saturday sleeping, either that or he was tired from the excitement of you being here. Your pictures as usual look like postcards, love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I have so much fun with photos and the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please in the future make note of any of the haunted locales you've visited.

    ReplyDelete