Saturday 28 December 2013

Life in LA

I have settled into a routine here in Los Angeles. Every day there is a trip to one or more gyms.  There is Gracie Barra in Burbank, LA Fitness in West Hollywood and City of Angels Boxing in downtown LA. Let me be very honest about these gym trips; I go but do not do a lot of working out.  I try but I am unable to keep up with Dawn's rigorous training and I really do not want to embarrass myself.  So I go for walks in the vicinity of the gyms, checking out coffee shops where I have been reading and people watching.  City of Angels Boxing is the most unique space as it is an old run down warehouse where people live and work. 


 Dawn lives in a multicultural area between Thai Town and Little Armenia.   It is an interesting area  in which to live and eat. Every afternoon around 1600 hours a group of about 6 older men bring chairs onto the sidewalk down the  street and sit and visit for a couple of hours speaking, what I can only guess is, Armenian.  There are very few caucasians on the block. So different from home and I love it. 


I am enjoying eating out, especially a couple of Jewish diners that we discovered where today I was able to have a breakfast skillet that had brussel sprouts in it.  Yum. 


Enjoying my vacation. 








2 comments:

  1. The multicultural experience in one neighbourhood would be fun. Your pictures of the warehouse looks like something out of a movie, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vacation sounds very relaxing. Love the photo of you, you look very happy. Keep enjoying your experiences and A HAPPY NEW YEAR. CHEERS PAT

    ReplyDelete