Tuesday 31 December 2013

Ending the year in California

It is New Years Eve and I am spending the evening with Foxboy as Dawn has gone out.  I am having a Thai New Years Eve as I have just picked up some take-out:  green curry with chicken, broccoli and asparagus with tofu and dry garlic ribs. For a post dinner snack I have some look yee with chili (a preserved fruit).  My evening's entertainment will consist of several episodes of Land Girls which I discovered yesterday on Netflix. Sounds like a perfect evening to me.

A sidewalk shrine in Thai Town.  

Yesterday Dawn and I took the Metro further down Hollywood Blvd to where all the "action" is. There were swarms of people looking at all the stars on the sidewalks, and having photos taken with same. There were numerous movie characters on the street ready to pose with you for a price.  Take your pick:  Minnie Mouse, Spiderman, Belle, Cinderella, Green Hornet, and even Michael Jackson doing his signature moonwalk. One of our main reasons for going to that area was to go to the Bettie Page store, which I always love going to. The clothing is retro in style, circa 1950.

Using the LA Metro. 

Today I went to The Grove - an upscale retail and entertainment complex, but it is not a mall; all stores face pedestrian streets and there is a lovely fountain in the middle. I bought a book from Barnes and Noble (Bird Song) and sat outside reading at a coffee shop with the sun warming my back. It was lovely.  Then I went to the movies and saw Wolf of  Wall Street.  It was three hours long, was full of sex, drugs, depravity and debauchery and I loved it. I love the movies, even the bad ones.

Fountain at The Grove. 

Happy New Year to to all from me and Foxboy. 


2 comments:

  1. And a Happy New Year to you. Sounds like your enjoying your vacation, who wouldn't enjoy the company of Foxboy. What a loveable face. PJ's are on and tuning in CNN and catching all the festivities from around the world. The best to you. CHEERS PAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. I spent the evening watching Game of Thrones with my sidekick Riggs. Rob worked making it home just before midnight. I believe I love everything you are seeing and doing, what a wonderful vacation. The stores, I would love to go into a store other than Walmart, haha. And fox, OMG, what an adorable dog. That face!

    ReplyDelete