Friday 20 December 2013

Wandering Solo

I would like to blog about my travels. So far my travel blogging has been solely to look over Dale's shoulder and verbally correct her typos. Dale has been my main travel companion and if I had blogged about our travels I could have called them "Travels with my Daughter"  like Steinbeck in "Travels with Charley" or Graham Greene in "Travels with my Aunt".  I am apparently too "terse" and "concise" to be a good blogger but I shall make an attempt.

Once I decided to have my own blog, the question of a name for it loomed large. I thought of spinoffs of wandering north:  wandering solo, one north wandering" but they did not reflect any individuality.  Mark Twain had "A Tramp Abroad"  and Bill Bryson had some good titles for his travels but Mark and Bill I am not.  I am still attempting to come up with a great blog name.  Dale "wanders", Robin and Karen are "living the dream".   Me........?

Tomorrow I leave the cold Canadian winter behind and wander south to Southern California,  to spend some time with  Dawn.  Stay tuned and see how I do with this blogging.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for correcting your blog info as I thought that I was doing something wrong in finding it. Looking forward to reading about your travels. CHEERS PAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your vacation ...I am looking forward to reading of your adventures....

    ReplyDelete